Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Spring is here on the West coast, and summer is looming. Last weekend I ate ~ 1/2 flat of strawberries. By myself. I also constantly feel as if I'm coming down with a cold, but it's just allergies. Oh, and I managed to sprain my ankle and consequently missed out on a trip to local-ish National Park for bouldering.

But back to the plants.. The garden is looking good. The backyard is weed-free (or nearly so), and cool things are growing:

(L-R: A ladybird on the persimmon, the artichoke in the front yard, tomato and pepper seedlings.)

The magic cloning kit had failed thus far to magically get my insert into the vector. I have 1 or 2 more things to try before giving up and switching my energies to other stuff. The other stuff sounds more interesting and I would probably get an opportunity to apply/learn more perl along the way. On the other hand, I'm a little stubborn and it's driving me nuts that I can't get this thing to work. This particular insert has been successfully put into another vector before... just not the vector that I need. I am actually feeling pretty cheerful about work, a little zen about the magic-thwarting insert now that I've mostly given up. Plus, my second round of transformation worked and the plan for the rest of the week is to play around with the cells on the scope. Fun!

No comments: